Mission Farm of Nambikay
‘Nambikay’ is Tamil for hope. Through Farm of Nambikay we wish to contribute to a hopeful future of people in the war-torn area of Sri Lanka.
The mission of Farm of Nambikay is
to contribute to the restoration and wholeness of the war affected and poor people and society in Sri Lanka and to share Gods love
Objectives Farm of Nambikay
In the period 2014 – 2017 Farm of Nambikay aims the following operational objectives:
- Establish and manage a professional and innovative small-scale farm
- Creating work- and learning experience places on the farm
- Inclusion of people with disability and/or impairment on the farm
- Bring 50% of the farm profit in a project fund.
- Use this fund to initiate and/or support small-scale projects in the area
- Investigate whether this can be done in collaboration with the Grace Community Churches
These operational objectives shape the strategic objectives of Farm of Nambikay:
- To contribute to social and economic development in Mannar province
- To be an example and inspiration for farmers and non-farmers in the area
- To practise Christian service in the communities
- To strengthen Grace Community Churches in their mission
Farm of Nambikay has a Christian identity, and is based on biblical values like hope, grace, love, faith, justice, compassion, positive well-being, uniqueness of each individual and serving others.